Basketball Victoria has released information regarding CovidSafe policies for team tryouts.
Following the Premier’s announcement of Victoria moving to a COVIDsafe Summer, Basketball Victoria has updated the Return to Sport Guidelines to now include a COVIDsafe category (formerly Green-100).
The following conditions apply to VJBL, CBL, Big V and NBL1 team tryouts, effective from Monday 7 December 2020.
TRYOUTS – ALL AGES Sessions
- No limit on the length of time or number of sessions per week.
- No restriction on players moving between courts during tryouts.
- Coaches, players and referees (if applicable) are not required to wear masks.
- It is recommended that all non-participating attendees wear masks.
- Venues may have 1 person per 4m2 at any one time.
- For guidance please refer to Basketball Victoria’s Return to Sport Guidelines.
MARKING OF NUMBERS
Marking of numbers on players arms and legs is acceptable if the following principles are followed;
- The person applying the numbers is wearing a mask and gloves;
- The texta/marker used is not handled by more than one person, or the hard plastic surface is sanitised between users;
- That 1.5m social distancing rules are applied in the lines waiting to check in.