NOMINATIONS for players for #TeamVic under-20 and Ivor Burge teams have now opened for associations.
The 2018 Under 20 Australian Junior Championship will be held in from 7 – 11 February 2018 in Gosford, New South Wales.
NOMINATION FORMS ARE LISTED AT END OF ARTICLE
The state team coaching Staff along with Basketball Victoria would like to invite nominations from all Metropolitan and Country Associations for the 2018 Victorian Under 20 Men, Under 20 Women, Ivor Burge Men and Ivor Burge Women teams.
The Victoria Ivor Burge program replicates the U20 Program, whereby there will be no separate Country or Metropolitan Teams. The Ivor Burge Victoria teamx will comprise the best players across Victoria. All Victorian athletes with an Intellectual Disability are invited to attend the tryouts. Please note that no players have been pre-selected into the Ivor Burge teams. Everyone will have an equal chance at the tryouts.
Please list on the attached nomination forms players who you consider to be of a sufficient standard to represent the State at a national level. Please list them in ranked order with the first player listed ranked as No 1.
Please note, nominations will close on Monday 2 October.
1. Players who are successful will be notified of their invitation to attend tryouts via email by the Head Coach.
2. Directors of Coaching will also be notified (via email by the Head Coach) of players from their Association that have been invited to attend.
Please see email sent to Directors of Coaching at all clubs for nomination form and return email.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR UNDER 20 PLAYERS
- Eligible players must not turn 20 years of age prior to 31 December 2018 (i.e. they must be born in 1999/00).
- They must be participating in any competition being conducted by Basketball Australia, Basketball Victoria and/or Basketball Victoria Country.
- Players may be nominated by the Association with which they are registered.
- Ability of the player as displayed during: State Championship games, BV/BVC Specialist Camps, National Junior Development squads, State Team trials and other games as observed by the appointed coaches and selectors of the State Team.
- Athletic ability, size and skill levels that are likely to achieve success at a National Championship.
- Ability to fill a role required by the coaching staff to help the team achieve success.
- Ability to fit into the coach’s team’s concept based on the ability, compatibility, personality and character of the player.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR IVOR BURGE PLAYERS
The Ivor Burge Championships are the National Basketball Championships for Players with an Intellectual Disability (A participant’s eligibility is based on an Intelligence Quotient (IQ) of 75 or below). You will need to have completed appropriate IQ testing and have an Ausrapid Number.
#TeamVic NOMINATION FORMS – Word Document or PDF